Monday, April 20, 2009

Good for miss California


I was reading a Story about miss California on Foxnews. and evidently she's being lambasted for giving a decidedly non-pagent answer to the question "Do you believe in gay marriage." Her view isn't exactly in line with what I believe but I applaud her for having the guts to say what she feels is right, and to do it on a national stage in front of an openly gay man.

Too many people forget that free speech, or any amendment for that matter doesn't just apply to the minority or the people that feel they are oppressed. Free speech is universal. Carrie Prejan thank you for giving an honest answer and not being afraid to voice your convictions.

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised." These are the words she spoke and these are the words that everyone should feel alright saying if that's what they believe. Who cares if you don't agree with her, she has to listen to the crap that liberal jackasses spew everyday, and it's okay because they're "oppressed". Screw them.

My personal opinion is that the government should have no place in deciding civil unions, and that every couple should be afforded the same civil liberties/opportunities regardless of your sexual preference. However, In terms of a religious ceremony I believe that marriage was intended as as a union between a man and a woman, the only combination capable of procreating. Child birth is a miraculous thing and is afforded to a couple that is a man and a woman. Before calling me a hypocrite notice my use of the word "civil union" then marriage.

I think part of the reason I'm getting upset about this, is that for the last five years or so I can see America sliding in a direction of hypersensitivity and being overly politically correct. Remember that a democracy is majority rule. while protecting just three natural rights life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Pursuit of happiness is admittedly vague, but I hardly think it includes being free from hearing any criticism at all. I'm all about protecting physical definable rights of a minority group, but they shouldn't be free from opposing viewpoints simply because it's not popular in the media or in hollywood. I'd be willing to bet her view is much closer to societal norm than the other side whether you admit it or not. We were founded as a christian state, and our laws and values are all based on judeo-christian principles.

Btw, screw you keith lewis, no one cares how sad or hurt you feel because a young woman stood up and instead of giving a retarded pagent answer to a question, she had self-conviction to give a true representation of her feelings. How can he possibly try to say "religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family." She was obviously baited, why even ask the question? If they thought the answer was so egregious why did they ask such hotly debated question. I'll tell you why, they expected to hear this lovely young lady give the politically correct pageant answer to give further clout to the idea that gays should be allowed to be married, ya know, just in case she won. Even miss america thinks it's okay, so it must be. Shady bastards.



Where are all the boos I heard so much about????

No comments: