Thursday, July 26, 2007

She said what?

This post will be about dumb-ass. you can read more about her in my post "co-workers part 3" I'd imbed a link if I knew how.

One of the ladies from transfusion came running into the main lab. She was visibly upset and was having a hard time verbalizing what she was trying to say. All I could make out was "j needs help" and "She's just sitting there." This didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me, I followed c into our break room to see J laying face first in the middle of the break room floor with broken glass laying all around him, looking as though he's having a seizure.

The first things you always need to do is call 911 right? well not so much in a hospital. You'd be amazed at how difficult it is to get a rapid response team to another part of the hospital. Anyway, while we were waiting for the rapid response team, We proceeded to check his responsiveness, breathing, and circulation. He wasn't responding, there was foam coming out of his mouth and there was a piece of a broken plate embedded into his head. but at least he was breathing and he still had circulation. Since he didn't need CPR, all I could do was wait.

Imagine my surprise when I see dumb-ass out of the corner of my eye, eating her baked potato as if nothing had happened. I guess everyone kinda looked at her at the same time with a WTF look. So she volunteers the following statement "I just thought he was sleeping. I thought it was a little weird he was lying on the floor but I didn't want to disturb him." Are you seriously shitting me? Who in the name of God thinks that to themselves. After hearing that, What C said earlier made a lot more sense. "she's just sitting there." From what I can figure out she let him lay there undisturbed for about 10 minutes.

A lot of people that don't know me say i must be exaggerating when I tell them how stupid I think a lot of the people I work with are. If this isn't proof of my previous assertions, I don't know what is. Can you imagine someone you know just sitting there continuing to eat while someone was on the ground having a seizure? I'd also like to remind everyone that this person was supposed to be a healthcare professional. I hope you all have lots of faith in the professionals taking care of you family the next time they have to go to the hospital. I'm still kind of dumbfounded by all of this so the only think I can think to say is WTF? seriously... WTF?

No comments: