Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why it's hard to get anything done

I get this memo from the lab director yesterday and I'm still not sure what to think of it. The gist of it is that in sept of 08 they want to standardize the color of scrubs in each department. In and of itself it doesn't seem too ridiculous but the way it's being handled and the reasons for change are a little silly

Let me give you a little background information the reason we need to standardize our scrubs is that, suppossedly, patients have been complaining that they can't distinguish the professional staff from the houskeepers or maintinence. I don't buy that for a second.

Point A Houskeepers wear maroon scrubs while the professional staff can wear any colored scrub they'd like

Point B the maintaince staff wears civilian clothing

Point c we're required to wear our name badges at all times if you can't read my namebadge natural selection should be allowed to take over and you don't deserve care (just a joke, sorta)

While changing the color of your scrubs isn't really a big deal it just doesn't seem fair that I should have to buy all new uniforms for work When the hospital is the one mandating that I need new ones. The army mandateded that I needed new uniforms so they gave me a clothing allowance the same should be true for any job. If we have enough money to start a 500 million dollar construction project we have enough money to provide scrubs.

The money isn't my only issue, we've actually been told not to go purchase new scrubs. The reason? Administration will mandate the color for the nursing staff first then department heads can select any other colors. If you remember they don't plan to initiate this for another entire year. It's going to take them a year to decide wheter the nurses should wear light blue or Navy blue. I'm not joking, I'm not exaggerating, I'm not leaving out precious details. I'm 100% serious that it is going to take a year to decide What color the nurses should wear. I don't remember signing up to work for the federal goverment again. It looks like they're taking their business model. I guess it's always nice to know you work for a well oiled machine

No comments: