Monday, September 10, 2007

A few observations

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, for the few who care. Things have been kinda rough at home for me. The girlfriend and I haven't been seeing eye to eye on many things and everything seems like it's ready to be a fight at any moment. Have you ever felt like you give everything of yourself and there's nothing really left to give? I feel like that all the time. At least I have my little boy to cheer me up.

Anyway, enough of that pouty boo-hoo crap. As I'm sure you've all heard, a McDonald's employee in GA has been arrested, basically for making a cop's burger too salty. If you haven't heard this you need to spread this story. Copy and paste this link since I'm still too dumb to figure out how to embed links.

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/McDonald_s_Employee_Arrested_for_Making_Cop_s_Burger_too_Salty

Have you read it. Okay, Good. Can you say WTF? Can we all collectively say abuse of power? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's fucking SALT people. There are probably 10 cases in the last century of hypernatremia (too much salt in your system) causing any serious ill effects in people. There is no way in hell That if you ate an entire salt block anything would even happen to you. It's just some cop thinking they're Too important, that how dare you try to poison him with salt. I really can't even collect a decent thought for this. I just don't get how his supervisors and a judge could ever think that it would be okay to jail a 20 year old woman (who's life is obviously not on track if she's working at McDonald's) for making a hamburger that was too salty.

Believe it or not I buy her story that she just spilled salt or whatever seasonings they use on the meat and served it anyway. Alot of us at some point have worked in a restaurant whether it be five star or McDonald's, managers will do anything and everything to lower food costs and salvage any scrap of food they can. It's not her fault it's McDonald's fault for putting her in that situation. Oh and the Petty narcissistic police officer.

Topic number two; Have I ever mentioned how much I hate my job, NO? you must not have read much of my blog. I've come to terms with the fact that I work with lazy old women that I have nothing in common with, and who are waaaayyyy too secure in their jobs. What I can't handle is being given two days off for the birth of my child and being denied a third day, When ptbg is allowed to take a week for a cruise while we are three people short and another co worker is about to leave to have surgery which will put her out of commission for about six weeks. Maybe I'm just not as good or valued as I thought I was. I'm disgusted by the fact that my bosses have no spine when they talk to minorities or women, I don't know what they're afraid of. The last time I checked you're not entitled to vacations, unless you'd like them to be permanent. Do I just have a view of the world that is too idealistic? Do I honestly believe life is fair? Who knows, but please please please let Karma exist. One more thing God, Could you please find two competent people to replace me so I can move to another department where I get to work by myself. (That would be the microbiology department in my lab). I was granted a transfer but they've been dragging their feet. They haven't even hired anyone and I don't get to leave until two people have been hired they're fully trained. Turns out they've finally realized I do the work of two people around here, well not really, they'd just rather have two part timers than one full timer.

One more thing. I had a buddy tell me that he got pulled over for speeding on a bicycle the other day. How the hell does this happen. Is he bullshitting me or can this really happen. he said he got caught for doing 25 in a 15 can a bike even go that fast? One more example of how our men in blue are keeping us safe. Way to use your better judgement guys.

No comments: